Tuesday 10 July 2012

I Have Entered The Blogosphere!

Ladies and gentlemen, I have entered the blogosphere!  If this full-time marriage celebrant and mother of two wasn’t busy enough updating Facebook, Pinterest and her You-Tube channel, she sure is now! 

A little more about me?  I am one of those people who loves to talk about her job.  In fact, talk to me long enough and I’ll probably recommend that you become a celebrant too – my sister in law did and my hairdresser, who is a captive audience for several hours every six weeks, is considering a career change.  Put simply, forming relationships with happy people and creating ceremonies which celebrate their unique bond is something that brings me much happiness.  

I love the excitement of a wedding ceremony. Firstly, there’s the 30 minutes or so prior to the ceremony when I stand with the groom and groomsmen and share a few jokes, then there’s the exciting moment when the bride arrives and I nod to the groom to signal that it’s “action time”.  There’s also the happy moment the music starts and the guests stand and turn to discover the smiling bridesmaids and the beautiful bride.  Then of course there’s the moment when the bride and groom see each other for the first time.  So much emotion before the ceremony really gets underway!  

Being a civil marriage celebrant has enabled me to combine my love of weddings and special events, my background in theatre performance and public speaking and my love of writing.  It’s a chance to dress up and celebrate the precious gift of love with those who have so happily found it.  

I’ll never take for granted how fortunate I am to be invited into people’s lives and entrusted with an important and very rewarding responsibility.  I get the best seat in the house and I’m so grateful for that!

Sally Hughes
Melbourne Marriage Celebrant
The Words & Music Company


Photo credit: JPower Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment